According to the CXPA (Customer Experience Professionals Association) October 4th, 2022 marked the ten-year anniversary of celebrating Customer Experience Day. The association implemented the CX Day to shine a light on the CX Professionals and the significance of the work they do. It is usually celebrated by various webinars for the CX representatives, offering a space to share ideas. A decade-long tradition proves the importance of carefully designed CX programs within almost any business organization out there. Therefore, to this day, every year on the first Tuesday in October, CX professionals around the globe celebrate CX Day by sharing their success stories and promoting great customer experience as the future of thriving business strategies.
But What is CX Exactly?
Customer Experience (CX) refers to everything related to a business that affects the feelings and perception of its customers, or users of the service in a broader sense. Harvard Business Review, for example, defined CX as “the sum-totality of how customers engage with your company and brand, not just in a snapshot in time, but throughout the entire arc of being a customer.” A significant number of prosperous brands we know and enjoy today have discovered that making the shift from a traditional product-oriented strategy to a more customer-centric culture distinguishes a good brand from a great one. Having our customers in the center of all company activities will move the company closer to an improved customer experience and delivering value which is in demand on the market. This mindset resulted in creating a strategic framework known as customer-centricity, which is now one of the fundamental terms in the CX world.
Our CX Dream Team
Following the market trends, and with a desire to further improve our service, Bicom Systems established its CX team in 2020 within the Customer Operations Department. The team now consists of three ladies, all dedicated to improving the customer-centric culture in our company. As this is one of the first CX teams in the region, our CX representatives did a lot of research on their own, acquired a small library about the profession, and attended various online trainings, webinars, and master classes – all with one goal in mind; to come up with a strategy which will make our partners’ experiences intentional and positive.
To align with the ultimate goal, the team implemented the following changes in the company during its relatively short time of existence:
- Implemented Survey Culture – after every Beta the team reaches out to its participants to give them a chance to comment and provide feedback regarding the product, documentation, and general experience.
- CSAT surveys are now available after every closed support ticket. It is important to point out that the CX team follows up on every negative review, with the hope to improve the service.
- A feedback channel is also available on the Support Portal, so partners can leave feedback whenever needed.
- An escalation procedure has been introduced, to prioritize urgent issues.
- The team also started working on the Customer Journey Map. This is one of the most important projects in the CX world. The map visually represents every interaction a customer has with the company, so these touch points can be improved over a period of time.
- Last but not least, is the customer-centric culture to which we aspire. Changing the general mindset and the culture is a lengthy process and not an easy one. However, this is precisely why every company should have a team committed to implementing small and big changes which ultimately affect the experience, and shift every procedure to a more customer-centric side.
Hopefully, we have convinced you to prioritize CX in your own area of work and start celebrating it as well. Happy CX Day!
P.S: If you want to know more about CX Day, you can follow this link.